The goals of the project are:
- to expand knowledge of reading;
- to improve teaching skills to meet the needs of poor readers;
- to train teachers in the use of assessment to inform instruction;
- to enhance technology skills in reading classroom;
- to develop an interest in scientific research to be able to make an informed decision on what to teach and how to teach.
This year, the institute was held during the month of June. We had 16 participants and 7 different presenters.
Follow up sessions were held in February and March of 2011. To view a photo gallery of these meetings, click here. (to follow)